Report: Biden administration can’t account for as many as 20 million vaccine doses that were sent to states

News & Politics

According to a report from Politico, the Biden administration is struggling mightily to deliver on its promise to get a handle on the COVID-19 pandemic, and may have even lost track of as many as 20 million vaccine doses that were sent to the states.

The report notes that Biden officials are learning that a seamless, perfect pandemic response is easier to promise than deliver, and notes that the administration has largely jettisoned its ballyhooed coronavirus response plan as they discover that the challenges they face in getting the pandemic under control may have been more serious than they anticipated.

One administration official was even quoted as saying, “It’s the Mike Tyson quote: ‘Everybody’s got a plan until they get punched in the mouth.'”

The report also indicates that the Biden administration cannot locate about 20 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine that have been sent to the states, and is concerned that “the crucial supply is boxed away in warehouses, sitting idle in freezers or floating elsewhere in the complex distribution pipeline that runs from the administration to individual states.”

You Might Like

Biden administration officials blamed this problem on the Trump administration, which they claim was not tracking what happened to the vaccines after they were sent to the states.

The report also notes that administration officials have discovered that the available stockpile of vaccine is “mostly empty,” and that they are struggling to find ways to boost production in order to even meet the administration’s initial goal of 100 million vaccination doses in the first 100 days, which was widely criticized as being too modest and not even an improvement on the rate of vaccine delivery during the final days of the Trump administration.

The shortage of vaccine supply is said to have caught the Biden administration by surprise, and according to the Politico report, the shortage may not be alleviated even by as late as this summer, meaning that the administration’s plans to help America return to normal activity may be much more stymied than previously anticipated.

Articles You May Like

Remembrances of Senator Robert Dole — and a Russia Story
Outrage erupts as UPenn transgender swimmer CRUSHES women’s records
Pelosi Says Favorable Ruling for Mississippi Abortion Law Will Erode Supreme Court’s ‘Legitimacy’
No Jab, No Food: Canadian Province Imposes New Regulations to Ban Unvaccinated from Grocery Stores
Breyer’s Botched Argument

6 Comments

  1. Everything that goes wrong for the Biden Administration will be blamed on Trump …..he’s the fall guy and the MSM will make sure to publicize it that way. Just like Obama blamed Bush, Biden will blame Trump. There is one thing about Democrats, you can be sure if their mouths are moving they are lying.

  2. The president Howdy woody and his peanut gallery cabinet know as much about running the country as a mule knows about pepper, bidumb barely knows where he is most of the time

  3. A older gentleman once told me that 75% of politicians aren’t smart enough to pour piss out of a rubber boot with the instructions written on the bottom of the heel and the other 25% have a lot in common with a bucket of boiled gravel !

  4. This Biden Guy is no more presidential material than I am, just look at the cabinet that he has put together. They are all a bunch of misfits that have never had a real job, they are just the “ swinging door “ people that hang around Washington just waiting to make a fool out of anybody that will hire them . Don’t agree with me- then take a good hard look at each one and tell me what they have ever accomplished, nothing positive and their resume is full of screw ups.Birds of a feather flock together.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *