On Monday’s episode of “Louder with Crowder,” Steven Crowder, the crew and comedian Dave Landau live streamed day one in the trial of Minnesota Police Officer Derek Chauvin.
Chauvin, charged in the death of George Floyd, is the officer caught on video kneeling on Floyd’s neck for nine minutes. The incident sparked both peaceful protests and riots in the following months, reinforcing a dangerous narrative that police officers killing unarmed black men.
Crowder however, believes the going narrative is not true, and he provided sourced information to help state his case:
- The police fatally shot 9 unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019. SOURCE: WSJ
- One of the “unarmed” black men had a loaded gun in his car during a police chase. Since it wasn’t on his body, he was “unarmed.”
- Multiple studies have found that police are no more likely to shoot blacks than whites. SOURCE: UMD.edu, NBER
- An officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer. SOURCE: Manhattan Institute
- According to a 2011 report by the Obama administration, black males ages 14-24 commit homicide at 37 times the rate of the rest of the population. SOURCE: BJS
Watch the clip to hear more from Crowder.
Use promo code LWC to save $10 on one year of BlazeTV.
Want more from Steven Crowder?
To enjoy more of Steven’s uncensored late-night comedy that’s actually funny, join Mug Club — the only place for all of Crowder uncensored and on demand.