‘I was very drunk’: Video shows NYC man try to set restaurant on fire for getting chicken biryani order wrong, but ends up lighting himself ablaze

News & Politics

Viral video shows the moment a furious customer attempted to burn a restaurant to the ground for getting his order wrong. However, the New York City man ended up lighting himself on fire.

The official Twitter account for the FDNY posted video of a man attempting to light a Bangladeshi restaurant on fire on Oct. 2. The surveillance camera footage catches the man pouring a flammable liquid on the Ittadi Garden & Grill in the Jackson Heights neighborhood of Queens, New York.

Video shows him crouching down to ignite the fire when the revenge plot spectacularly backfires.

The man’s body gets caught in the huge fireball. He is seen running away from his own fire that he ignited.

You Might Like

On Oct. 14, NYPD arrested Choephel Norbu for the alleged arson following an investigation that lasted nearly two weeks. The 49-year-old man was charged with one count of arson in the third degree and one count of criminal mischief in the second degree, according to the Queens District Attorney’s office.

Norbu ordered a chicken biryani from the Bangladeshi restaurant, according to court documents. However, he reportedly got the wrong order and became extremely angry. He is said to have thrown away the chicken biryani in disgust.

Norbu is accused of marching back to the Ittadi Garden & Grill and torching the restaurant.

“I was very drunk. I bought chicken biryani. They didn’t give me chicken biryani. I was mad, and I threw it out,” Norbu told police, according to a criminal complaint obtained by the New York Post. “I bought a gas can, and I threw it at the store to try to burn it out. I lit it up, and boom, it got on me.”

The blaze caused over $1,500 in damages to the restaurant, including shattered glass at the front and damage to the air conditioning unit, according to the District Attorney’s office.

Norbu – who does not have a criminal record – was released without bail after arraignment.

He is due back in court on Dec. 7, Meris Campbell, said a spokesperson for the Queens District Attorney’s office.

(WARNING: Graphic video)

Articles You May Like

New York City Will Hospitalize More Mentally Ill People Even If They Aren’t a Threat
Thieves Attempt to Steal Mural From Street Artist Banksy Off of Building in Ukraine
Masked robbers face no resistance, easily steal $35,000 in products from crowded Apple Store. One crook reportedly threatened violence against anyone trying to stop them.
Florida doctor accused of raping patients during cosmetic operations found dead in a ditch with a gunshot wound to his head
Is Brian Kemp Getting Ready for the National Stage?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *