Networks Finally Discover Pelosi Attacker Was An Illegal Immigrant

News & Politics

On Thursday evening, four days after Fox News broke the story, the big three evening newscasts finally got around to reporting that David DePape, the man who allegedly attacked Paul Pelosi at his home early Friday morning, was an illegal immigrant. Like most stories that are inconvenient to the liberal narrative, the big three evening news dragged their feet in covering it until they could no longer hide it from their viewers.

On ABC’s World News Tonight, correspondent Mola Lenghi finally broke the four-day-old news to viewers. “There are multiple reports that the man charged in the brutal attack on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband Paul inside their home was in the U.S. for years illegally. U.S. authorities say they have a record of David DePape, a Canadian citizen, entering the country legally in 2008 at the U.S./Mexico border,” he said. 

“What’s unclear is if authorities have any other records of DePape entering or leaving the U.S. through either Canada or Mexico since then,” Lenghi added.

Meanwhile, on CBS Evening News, anchor Norah O’Donnell gave viewers a quick news brief: “Today federal authorities said the Canadian man accused of attacking Pelosi may be in this country illegally. The Department of Homeland Security said the suspect, 42-year-old David DePape, may have overstayed his authorized entry into the country in March of 2008.” 

You Might Like

On NBC Nightly News, anchor Lester Holt led with the story and like the other two networks, treated it like it was breaking news. Holt turned to correspondent Miguel Almaguer for the delivery. “42-year-old David DePape is a Canadian citizen who entered the U.S. back in 2008. Officials say he overstayed his Visa. He was here illegally,” he reported

The question now remains why did the networks sit on this story for four days? They obviously have many well-connected sources in law enforcement. If Fox News was able to uncover this and confirm its authenticity, then the three legacy broadcast networks have the sources and resources available to report that the Speaker of the House’s husband was attacked by an illegal immigrant who overstayed his visa. 

This late reporting of a critical detail in the Paul Pelosi attack was made possible by TD Ameritrade on ABC, United Healthcare on CBS, and Salonpas on NBC. Their information is linked.

To read the relevant transcripts click “expand” where needed: 

ABC’s World News Tonight
11/3/2022
6:33:11 p.m. Eastern 

MOLA LENGHI: Tonight, there are multiple reports that the man charged in the brutal attack on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband Paul inside their home was in the U.S. for years illegally. U.S. authorities say they have a record of David DePape, a Canadian citizen, entering the country legally in 2008 at the U.S./Mexico border. What’s unclear is if authorities have any other records of DePape entering or leaving the U.S. through either Canada or Mexico since then. Visitors from Canada are generally allowed to stay here in the country for up to six months at a time. DePape, now being held without bail, facing state and federal charges in the attack on Paul Pelosi early Friday morning in San Francisco. 

CBS Evening News
11/3/2022
6:38:24 p.m. Eastern 

NORAH O’DONNELL: Now to some breaking news out of California, Paul Pelosi, husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, was released from the hospital late this afternoon and he has returned home after being attacked on Friday. Today federal authorities said the Canadian man accused of attacking Pelosi may be in this country illegally. The Department of Homeland Security said the suspect, 42-year-old David DePape, may have overstayed his authorized entry into the country in March of 2008.

NBC Nightly News
11/3/2022
7:03:03 p.m. Eastern 

LESTER HOLT: Miguel, what have you learned? 

MIGUEL ALMAGUER: Well, Lester, good evening. It was just six days ago that Paul Pelosi was attacked by a man with a hammer inside the home. You see here behind me. We now know that Mr. Pelosi is back home, recovering from serious injuries, including a skull fracture and an injured arm and hand. The 82-year-old spent several days in the ICU. 

In a new statement, the Pelosi family says Paul remains under doctors’ care as he continues to progress on a long recovery process. Earlier today, activity around the Pelosi home was our first indication that he had returned to the residence. Tonight nearly a week after that attack, security here at the home is visible. Both the capitol police and local police are here, Lester.

HOLT: And Miguel, I understand you’ve gathered more information about the suspect? 

ALMAGUER: Yeah, 42-year-old David DePape is a Canadian citizen who entered the U.S. back in 2008. Officials say he overstayed his Visa. He was here illegally. Lester, he has plead not guilty. He is expected to be in court at the end of this week. Lester? 

Articles You May Like

‘Bad ass black trans’ activist fired from own LGBTQ center for allegedly diverting funds to ‘unknown’ bank accounts
Aggravated Trump lashes out after controversial dinner with controversial figure Nick Fuentes who came with Kanye West
Bill Maher can’t decide which is WORSE: Stephen Colbert or ‘a room full of Tucker Carsons’
A Wiener Without a Clue
Thug allegedly tosses Molotov cocktail at cops — who tackle suspect, use baton strikes and ‘pain-compliance techniques’ when he resists arrest

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *